Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Its Chicken and Cilantro Week!



That's right people-in honor of all things chicken-y and cilantro-y this week's menu plan will be full of things that include chicken and cilantro in the recipe. Really-I took a look in the produce drawer and saw I had a bunch of cilantro that really needed to be used quickly and I know I've got a truckload of chicken breasts in the deep freezer.

I'm trying to be as efficient as possible with cooking so it will give me more time to work out in the evenings after work and more time to have my meals prepared and packaged for the next day. The more advance planning and prep I have done, the more likely I will be to stick to my meal plan and not only save money but also lose weight.

Here's the meal plan recipe list for the week:

Trinidad Stewed Chicken,Caribbean White Beans, Red Rice

Chicken and Mandarin Oranges, Greens Beans with Almonds, Soba Noodles

Spicy Cuban Mojo Chicken with Mango-Avocado Salsa, Black Beans with Lime and Cilantro

Chicken Encilantrada-I'm thinking I will stuff this into tortillas with some queso fresco.

Sofrito (making a batch to freeze)

Arroz Con Pollo
All of these recipes are fairly low fat and low calorie-or can be adjusted to make them that way. While I was searching for new recipes to try I came across quite a few delicious Thai recipes-but the calorie count was insane.
Be on the lookout for recipe reviews, adjustments and pictures this week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to check out all the recipes when I get home!