Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mango Limeade Popsicles


Red and I had to make a quick run to the store this morning to pick up some movies from the Redbox and some movie snacks. While I was there I caught a glimpse of some popsicle molds on an endcap for $1.00. That was inspiration enough for me. I knew Red would enjoy making them, he loves to do anything that involves the blender. I picked up a can of frozen limeade concentrate to curb the sour craving I had going.


I've got a freezer full of frozen fruits that we usually use for smoothies. Red's favorite are the mangoes. He often times just pulls the bag out of the freezer and snacks on a few frozen mango pieces. I thought at first I'd throw some strawberries in with the limeade-but then figured why not try mango.


I didn't measure the amounts so there is no real recipe-but really this is going to hard to screw up anyway.


Here's what we did:


1. Make a pitcher of limeade. Pour about two cups into a blender.

2. Roughly dice up some frozen mango pieces. Add to blender.

3. Puree the frozen mango pieces into the limeade.

4. Pour mango lime mixture into popsicle molds.

5. Place in freezer for a couple of hours to set.

6. Run some warm water over outside of mold to help remove popsicles when you are ready to eat.

This made about 8 popsicles.


These were so sour and refreshing. I can't wait to make a different combo tomorrow. I'm thinking adding some real lime zest and maybe even a touch of ice cream in the middle would be super good too.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!!! Looks so refreshing!

bogartkick said...

I wanna try one of those. Its very delicious and it only cost you a little to buy its ingredients. It is good for those who are experiencing a hot environment. Thanks for sharing!